You change your mind about wearing the loveliest dress you got on your birthday/anniversary. That long cut on the legs is going to make you look out class and your legs ugly. Why? Because of that undesirable fat bulges on your body. This extra bulk of fat is called cellulite, and it can be stubborn when you decide to deal with it. If the cellulite is your problem, read on, and we will provide you with a foolproof solution to not only dealing with it but also for keeping it at bay forever after.
Types of cellulite
Before I get to the solution of the problem, let’s first understand its nature and types. There are three different types of cellulite:
- ‘Adipose cellulite’ is the rigid cellulite; there is an orange type of color on the wobbly skin.
- ‘Oedematous cellulite’ is fluid retention, pliable cellulite often on baggy skin.
- ‘Fibrotic cellulite’ that is hard, compact cellulite with effect of orange color.
Dermatologist Dr. Ariel Haus has identified that there are four different grades of the problem called Cellulite:
Stage 1: When the skin is pinched with the fingers there is no evidence of cellulite.
Stage 2: While lying down or standing in a normal posture there is no visible cellulite. But an orange peel like texture is formed when the skin is pinched with the fingers.
Stage 3: When lying straight on an even layer there is no cellulite formed, but while standing it is visible.
Stage 4: Cellulite can clearly be identified while standing and laying down.
OKAY, I understand the problem, what can be the solution?
A number of strategies can be applied to lose all that layers of fat that wobbles when you move your thighs and tummy. Instead, what we need is a plan with guaranteed results and long term satisfaction. Keeping in mind to try and apply any possibility to say goodbye permanently to the problem.
Choose what suits you best.
Whenever we talk about losing the fat one thing is for sure, you have to consider healthy eating for effective results even if you are exercising. When we talk about cellulite, the food that causes weight gain and makes you want to drink more water increases the amount of cellulite you have.
What NOT to eat/drink
Avoid taking the following food to prevent it from taking over your body and losing it.
- Fried food and all types of junk food
- Packed food that is always full of preservatives
- Sugar-packed food (frizzy drinks, candies, chocolates, etc.)
- The sugar-based beverages such as soda and cranberry juice are very harmful to health when alcohol is consumed it. The sugary drinks can retain a lot of water, thus contributing to weight gain.
What to eat/drink
A very famous saying if present and I quote “you are what you eat”, your diet makes your appearance and health. So eat fresh and look fresh this must be your policy while selecting food.
The listed items should always be on the utility list of a healthy home:
- Good fats: as cellulite is the fat right under your skin, if you have a healthy and toned skin, that unwelcome fat will look considerably less ugly. Eat olives, use olive oil, and nuts, that all is essential for a healthy looking skin.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Eat them more, eat them raw. Eat their green, eat them all. While picking up for the pantry, keep it as green as possible. And while you prepare for your lunch/dinner do not overcook veggies. As for fruits, try not peeling the skin off.
- Water: Most importantly, drink lots and lots of water. Cellulite is a condition, not of fats, but skin. Intake of plenty of water will help keep your skin healthy by all means.
I’ll be honest with you; only changing the course of diet won’t help you get rid of those fat balls under your skin. You will have to work it off. There are different exercising for burning cellulite on different parts of your body. Let’s cover them one by one.
- Squats and lunges: It is simple. Work on the particular area you want to get rid of the cellulite from. Squats and lunges are one of the ideal exercises when it comes to toning up the thighs. Such exercises aid in the relaxation of the muscles and blood flow becomes much better. This way the toxins are easily flushed out of the body due to exercise. The Cellulite is excreted through these activities, from the body easily.
- Cellulite Exercises for Thigh: A variety of exercises are tested for this criterion and tried by many people. An exercise called “Thigh Raise” is performed by alternately or at the same time raising your thighs. Another called “Pony Kick” is performed by switching the kicking action of the thighs. “Thigh Chair,” is also a good exercise that makes the individual imagine a chair and sit on it for some time. Cellulite which is a very serious problem is reduced through many beneficial exercises. A very reliable option to reduce the problem is an exercise called “Ballet Thigh”.
- Running/Sprinting: Instead of long-running, sprinting is a better option when it comes to burning the fat on the back of the thighs and whereabouts. Run short intervals and take 2-5 minute rest in between each lap.
- It is the best stretching exercise that benefits the whole body equally. It is also an ideal stretching exercise for thighs and calves. Thigh Stretching exercises is the best and fastest way to get rid of cellulite.
- Home Remedies and Treatment
- Making your cellulite treatment at home: This could be a bit messy but totally worth the effort and time. Here is what you will be going to need to make your anti-cellulite cream at home:
Most anti-cellulite creams in the market contain coffee as the active ingredient and so ours’ is also based on it.
The items that you will need are:
- Coffee ground
- Sea salt
- Body lotion (you can use any moisturizer)
- Old towel
- Cling Film
Mix ¼ cup of coffee ground with ½ cup of sea salt and 1 cup body lotion in a large bowl.
Start by using a hand towel and soak it in water. Make sure that the water is hot enough that you can bear the heat. Carefully wring out the excess water and set it on the area that you want to place it. You have to wrap it till it cools after a few minutes (Areas such as thighs, tummy, and arms). This helps open up the pores and softens the skin, making the wrap even more effective.
Make a thick layer of the coffee in the area you intend to apply it on and then simply wrap a sling around it. You can tighten the sling as per needed, but not to the extent that it discomforts you. As an alternate, you can also use the bandages that are available with a first aid kit. You need to wrap it on the top of the sling to keep it in place and secured. The cling need to be left overnight and do keep in mind to lay down a sheet/towel on the bed to avoid stains.
- Dry brushing: It has not been proven scientifically yet but has gotten much support in skin care and fat reducing. It is a technique that helps stimulate blood flow in the body and hence reduce the cellulite. All you will be needing is a brush with stiff bristles, but not too hard. The technique is simple, brush towards the heart with long straight strokes. Start with the feet to the legs and so on. Avoid circular motions and back and forth scrubbing.
This is all you can do to get rid of and avoid cellulite. People who haven’t suffered it, yet we strongly recommend any queries and suggestions. Thank You.